In 2003, 1,158 motorcyclists survived crashes that they would not have without wearing helmets. Motorcycle fatalities make up around 9 percent of all vehicle accident fatalities, even though motorcyclists only make up 3 percent of the registered passenger vehicles on the road.
Motorcycle Helmet Safety Laws Save Lives. You can tell that drivers are learning because Motorcycle helmet usage increased from 48% in 2005.
Safety Tips for Houston Motorcycle Riders
- Always Ride Your Motorcycle Sober
- Avoid Tailgating (driving closely behind vehicles)
- Wear protective clothing that can protect some level of injury
- Ride at safe speeds and use caution while driving in congested areas
- Drive slow over slippery roads or while driving on gravel
Choosing the Right Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney
If you or a family member have been fatally injured in a motorcycle crash accident, contact a Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney at Gary S. Tucker and Associates. Our law firm has over 30 years of legal experience handling motorcycle and car accidents in the Houston area.
Speak with a Reputable Houston Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Gary S. Tucker & Associates
650 N. Sam Houston Pkwy. E., Suite 105
Houston, TX, 77060
Local: (281) 445-5777
Toll Free: (800) 275-5007