Being in a car accident can be tough on you and your family.
You need a lawyer fighting for your rights from the very beginning.
There were 13,438 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2013. It can happen to you.
Learn about the car accident statistics below and please call (800) 275-5007 if you are ever involved in an auto accident.
Our law firm is available 24/7 to speak with you about your case.
Based on Car Accident Reports
Saturday, March 23nd was the deadliest day in 2013 with 27 persons killed in traffic crashes.
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours 34 minutes
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 16 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 71 seconds
Car Accident Statistics
- Fatality Rate on Texas roadways was 1.39 deaths per hundred million vehicle miles traveled.
- The 2013 death toll of 3,408 was a decrease of 0.26% from the deaths in 2012.
- There were 13,438 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2013.
- The annual vehicle miles traveled in Texas during 2013 reached 244.536 billion.
- Fatalities in traffic crashes in rural areas of the state accounted for 55.37% of traffic fatalities.
- There were 1,887 deaths in rural traffic crashes.
- Single vehicle, run-off the road crashes resulted in 1,347 deaths in 2013.
- There were 777 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections.
- There were 526 people killed in head-on crashes in 2013.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2013.
- There was one crash that resulted in 6 or more fatalities in 2013.
- Bicycle accident fatalities totaled 48 in 2013.
- 1,053 people killed in motor vehicle crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol.
- There were 465 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving.
Car Accident Resources
Contact Gary S Tucker and Associates from Houston, Texas. With over 35+ years of experience, our law office is able to answer all of your questions about your case. The sooner you contact us, the better chance you have at winning the case. Do not hesitate to call. It will not cost you money to weigh all your options.